Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12- The big day!


On Wednesday, I got an email saying my VISA had arrived at the NC SIM office. Praise God! Many thanks to those of you who prayed!
On Friday, I got an email with a possible itinerary, checking for approval before plane tickets were purchased. After sending verification that the itinerary was fine, I didn't hear anything.
I spent the weekend in good fellowship with friends and family. It was a very relaxing time, and although I didn't have my travel plans as set as I would have liked, I was reminded by my mom numerous times that this is where trust in God becomes tangible. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7 

Yesterday I confirmed with my travel agent, and today the FedEx guy came with my passport, visa, and tickets! I'm leaving today! 

For prayer:
Please pray for Gods grace in my day to trust Him with the details (big and small) about travel plans.
Please pray that I would respond graciously and with flexibility as the unexpected comes my way.
Please pray that I would be faithful to present my requests to God, and that He would fill me with His peace.
Please pray for God's strength as I get over jet lag upon arrival, and jump quickly into life in BF.
Please pray that this summer I would be used of God to encourage and support the missionaries. 
Please pray for the hearts of the Burkinabe people, that they would be open to hear the Gospel.

Thank you!
Cortney Berryman

No comments:

Post a Comment