Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Some more pictures

It rained in Mahadaga today. Rain is so special here in Africa, but very hard to photograph. It's especially difficult to photograph people in the rain. In Africa, although it is a joyous thing to have rain, the people do not enjoy being caught in the rain. The American kids run out and stomp in puddles, but the Africans stay out of the rain. I am not sure why, except that being muddy bothers them. They don't like getting their clothes dirty, even the young children. It's an interesting thought.
We keep the windows open when it rains, and enjoy the cool wind that comes, but the Africans get chilled, and it is not uncommon to see them pulling on jackets, and even earmuffs after the rain. Today the students were shivering when the temp dropped to what felt like mid-70° These kids hung out with me while I got my hair done this last time. It took 3 and a half hours, to get my hair cornrowed into a ponytail. I really like it this way, I think it will last longer than the braids did. Hopefully long enough for me to chance in front of a camera and get the 'do on film :)

No comments:

Post a Comment